Thursday, February 07, 2008

Locals find GOP convention exciting


Lockhart said she has received many phone calls from people who were not happy with the convention’s outcome. ‘‘There were many people who were very passionate,’’ she said. ‘‘I am going to make sure I take the time to call each one. I want them to know that as the chair, I care. I want to know what they are thinking and to tell them that every vote counts at election time.’’

Lockhart said she is still planning on supporting Romney until there isn’t a reason to support him anymore. However, she plans to support the party into the primary, the national convention and beyond.

‘‘I think it was a wake-up call for many people around the state,’’ Smith said. ‘‘We are here. We are your friends, neighbors and co-workers. We are constantly working on things, not just the presidential election. Party chairmen can return to home counties and garner growing support for Republican causes, he said."






I would like to add to my comments in this interview that many of the people who are upset with our results may have confused a convention with a coronation where everyone meets to anoint a preselected winner. If you didn't come to the convention with a plan for the second round of voting then you were unprepared and at a distinct disadvantage. As I told a local radio host: We have a winner, the folks have spoken and it's time to move on. Nice to say it rather than hear it. Let's see how well folks practice what they preach!

Let me also send out my sincere Thank You to the 23 Wood County Delegates (a majority) that voted for the winner, Mike Huckabee. I appreciate your passion and support for Mike despite the contempt that was shown for us. I know it's customary and proper to receive a congratulatory call from those who lost but don't hold your breath fellow Hucksters, our battle moves forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think you should amend that to say "Vice President?"

Romney is pulling out.
http://www.wtap.com/home/headlines/15401011.html