Thursday, March 20, 2008

Legacy of Bob Hammond

Many of you may have never heard of or much less seen this elusive individual, since he has only been to one (1) meeting in the last 4 years, but oh what an influence his emergence left us with back in 2006. The "Hammond Effect" prompted the West Virgina State Legislature to enact SB 607 during the 2007 Legislative session. No longer will Executive Committees be influenced by folks who haven't run for their position in years, or in many cases even live in the Precinct, County or State. These folks can no longer be located, manipulated and directed to determine elections and the future course of business. Better late than never!
I was told all my life that nothing good ever becomes of ill begotten gains. This has become the most instructive example of this that I have personally been a part of. I want to thank everyone involved for this experience. It has reinforced my ideals and way of dealing with situations, the ends do not always justify the means, even in politics.
I will be attending the Republican National Convention as a voting member of the West Virginia Delegation. Most all die hard political folks want to at least attend a National Convention once in their life. I was fortunate, in Charleston at the State GOP Convention I was the beneficiary of events. Life has a way of making things right if you stay focused and do the right things. Thank You one and all for these experiences and those yet to come!

1 comment:

rosswva said...

Bob, who?

The Admiral