Thursday, February 14, 2008

Media Manipulation.....again!

In case you missed this: I turn on the radio and I hear more whinning about the West Virginia GOP Convention, brought to you by..... Who else Steve Adams, need I say more! This time carrying Modesitt water.

So Rick says the Political Party's need legislative oversight. I might point out that our County Commish serves on the local Wood County Republican Executive Committee and has for many years, as well as being appointed to an at-large slot and serving at the pleasure of the Chairman on the State Committee, as he has for many years. There's nobody in Wood County that is privy to more Republican Party workings, at all levels, than Rick.....Just ask him!

Let me get this straight: So the newspaper says it's the Party's fault for not getting the word out, even though we own no printing press, and now our party leaders are requesting oversight by lawmakers over who....themselves, party leaders.

We all sat through the meetings for the last 18 months as this Convention came together. How can we plan and work with leadership that will sell us out in the media, and for what!
Maybe our party needs to take a look at who is building and promoting the party and who isn't and realign our leadership, where needed.


For comparison sake: WV Democratic Convention
My understanding of the Democrat Convention is that:
  • It will be held in June 13-14
  • All WV Democrat National Delegates will be chosen at the State Convention, none in the May Primary
  • All Delegates to the State Convention will be proportioned or appointed by county committee
I hope our concerned media and reps are as quick to act!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you would like to respond to Rick's comments, call me at 304-991-1982 today at 3 p.m. I'll throw you on the afternoon and morning news.

Greg said...

no thanks, I know better even if Rick doesn't. but nice try. Anyway, I have responded. Let's see if you report!