Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Rumors are True

Fred Thompson campaign announces state director for West Virginia

An exciting challenge and a change of pace

"Naturally, these new duties require me to sever my official ties with the state party and the state GOP convention."

"My biggest hope is that Republicans in West Virginia can come through this process without creating bitterness or divisiveness, and that we all rally enthusiastically behind the eventual nominee."

My thoughts: I haven't really decided what I think about the way things are beginning to play out here in West Virginia with the change to a convention, but let me say it is starting to remind me of intra-squad scrimmages back in my football days. Most of us couldn't wait to play the opposing team and really put it to them, but then there were always a handful of individuals that just loved to show off for the coach and beat up on one another. We have ten teams choosing up sides within our own larger team. I hope everyone makes it through practice and to the real contest in November.

No comments: